Author Topic: Who handles the money?  (Read 4230 times)

Offline Bluwise

Re: Who handles the money?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 19:35:56 PM »
Me at home, his lordship on hols - love the lack of responsibility!

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 19:50:21 PM »
Being on my own now, I look after and spend the holiday cash as I wish, no problems for me!!  :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 21:11:00 PM »
I always say that in our house Lee is the PM and I'm the Chancellor of the Exchequer, he has the good ideas and I tell him whether we can afford them. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 21:15:48 PM »
I came up with a perfect financial plan for married couples. Originally, I'd say I wanted to buy something and the Mrs would say we didn't need it, or couldn't afford it. Then we'd have a blazing row and not talk for days and I don't get what I wanted to buy.

Now what I do when I want something is I buy it without saying a word. Then it gets delivered. Then we'd have a blazing row and not talk for days. But this way I've already got the thing I wanted to buy :D

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 07:40:17 AM »
In uk I didn,t have anything to do with the money, bills or banks. If I wanted anything slik sorted it, if finances allowed.On holiday, I was the boss for 2 weeks, held on to the money. Once we moved here, he shied away from going to banks and getting involved with finances. He is getting slightly better,and has started to go to shops by himself. I have come to the conclusion that he is a bit scared of Turkish money..bless him   : :)  ;D

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »
Her indoors handles the lot whether in U.K. or on holiday.  Wouldn't have it any other way, an absolute genious in making a little go a long way.  Always something left in the coffers for those little luxueries like a 1tl lolly! ;D

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 15:37:37 PM »
I handle the money but it's me that pays for everything anyway

Offline Lotty

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 16:58:46 PM »
I think we're a fairly normal couple in that what's his is mine and what's mine's my own, oops!
Seriously, it's all one pot, although M always carries and deals with the money. Suits me, I carry about 50TL. for emergencies.  ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 17:41:32 PM »
We have a joint debit account for holiday use so it doesn't matter who actually draws it out of the ATM (since it comes from the same pot) and we share it out. I print out a very small exchange rate list to be kept in wallet/purse. I also advise that 7TL for an Efes is worth about £2 and 12TL for a glass of wine isn't worth it (but she ignores that). Hilary buys perfume and jewellery on her credit card paid in a different account because she wants to protect me from knowledge of how much she actually spends on these essential items - especially considering my medical history of high blood pressure and heart problems. That shows how much she cares for me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 18:31:02 PM »
I physically pay for nothing, I am forever pointing at the Mrs when the bill comes and they automatically hand it to the male. I am also similar to Mrs Colwyn, in that I use Paypal to buy things whenever possible (including the Paypal mastercard they kindly gave me) - not for any reason other than it keeps it off the credit card bill and the cost remains my secret  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf