Author Topic: New Sensatori Hotel  (Read 72079 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: New Sensatori Hotel
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2015, 07:39:33 AM »
Looks nice inside, did not not realise that trees that big can be transplanted.   I can see some guests with their toes in the water, but surprised it looks so empty.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2015, 10:04:42 AM »
Max has just planted 4 or 5 large palm trees at his place Jacqui. I think it can be done but they will need plenty of water.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »
To be fair Rimms most of those photos look to be at the rear of the hotel where guests probably won't venture.

I've been behind many hotels in the past and seen some sights. This is pretty much expected with a brand new place. Barut and Thomson need to start earning as soon as possible. They have to set a date for opening and try and stick to it.

The beach side and grounds look awesome and the inside of the hotel seems exceptional from what I've seen. No doubt there will be snagging though. It is Turkey after all.

Maybe the extra mattresses are for the staff as I hear their accommodation near Cicek is nowhere near ready yet.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »
Maybe they aren't. Your efforts at explaining away the concerns are magnificent Stoop!

Maybe the wooden jetty that isn't ready that the man in the photo is working on is for the staff too :D

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2015, 12:21:43 PM »
Surely no-one would be daft enough to unload mattresses unless they were as close as possible to where they are going to be needed?

The swimming pools are not "around the back" and I can only see three people in the photographs, not exactly packed out with frolicking holidaymakers is it?

Is it me or is that the same buggy/trolley appearing in two of the photographs?

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2015, 14:04:07 PM »
To be fair Stoop, the area that is still a building site is not ten feet away from where guests are staying, if you also look closely, you will see a number of portakabin type buildings in the heart of the main hotel complex and of course what my pictures do not show is the ever present sound of power drills and saws being used around the place. One way or another Im not arsed and only took the pictures to show a true state of play but if the argument is about whether this place is finished and ready or not, it's a simple answer, it isn't.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2015, 14:08:28 PM »
How do they get away with privatising that area of beach,I know there's another place like that just past the Dolmus terminus at the far end of the prom

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2015, 14:18:57 PM »
It was my understanding of Turkish Law that you cannot "privatize" a beach; it is public land, However, you can own the overland access to a beach. This means you can walk along the length of the beach to get to this bit of beach and that is OK; doing a Rimms and striding confidently through hotel grounds is probably trespass of something similar.

Mind you my grasp of UK law, let alone Turkish law, is rather frail. I'm not even sure of trespass in the UK. Do you actually have to do damage to the land to make it "trespass" or only to be in the wrong place?

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2015, 14:45:51 PM »
I wondered what they could do to me if I was stopped, there are no signs (at the moment) declaring it as private land and neither were any of the guests wearing a wristband which I thought was strange

Offline Pussinboots

« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2015, 16:07:41 PM »
No wristbands !!! There's a first for ai !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf