Author Topic: Your Invitation to This Year's CBF Christmas Dinner/Pi55 Up in Glasgow  (Read 13624 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Many members will have seen the photos of previous classic  CBF friends meeting up at the wonderful Anatolia Chargrill in the city centre of Glasgow and this year we thought it would be a good idea to invite all our CBF members to join us.

Website for the restaurant is http://www.anatoliachargrillglasgow.co.uk/ and it truly is the best Turkish food I have ever tasted outside Turkey.

This is not just for our Scottish CBF folk, why not have a Christmas weekend away in the vibrant city of Glasgow as well - there are Christmas markets and plenty of festive cheer on show :D

So anyway, to the details. All welcome, date is Saturday 13th December 2014 - to ensure we don't mess the restaurant around on numbers, we are taking deposits of £15 pp (obviously knocked off your bill!!) - payable via Paypal to the usual keith @ calis-beach.co.uk CBF account. Once received you're on the guest list    ;)

Please be absolutely sure and clear on one thing - no show, no refund - any no show fifteen quids go in the kitty and the rest of us drink it!!!

Also if anyone wants to come but keep it quiet till the night, I can keep a secret I assure you.

If we end up with the usual suspects a great night will be had, but we'd love to celebrate a CBF style Christmas night with plenty more of you guys. Obviously there is a limit on how many people can fit in one restaurant so we'll go on a first come first served basis but I think we should be fine.

Get booked, ask questions, whatever you like - Merry Christmas :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member

How much !

Oh go on then count me in - I'll order new knee pads

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
That isn't the cost John, that's the deposit  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Last year's sedate affair ( early on it should be said)   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Here is a photo taken later that evening by one of the attendees

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
For those who are even mildly intrigued by my reference to knee pads and scunner's photo of a road, the story is as follows:

Having enjoyed a glass of wine with the excellent meal provided by the Anatolia I set off with the remainder of the excellent company to the toky's hotel.

We had not gone very far when I was savagely, and without warning, attacked by a pothole, the size of which you could have buried a horse in.

Fortunately, my football training from many years previously kicked in automatically and having been frugal with my alcohol intake, I had enough presence of mind to perform a near perfect forward roll and continue on my way with pride and body intact

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
And if any of you believe that......you're easily taken. For a small cost, I'LL give you the real version!!!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Proof, if proof be needed of my miraculous survival of the horrendous incident

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
What's happening with the boat trip?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ah, I need to ask somebody when they are there to try and get a date to suit the most people possible - I'll do that and start a topic. I'm thinking 16th Oct as it stands.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf