Author Topic: Worst hotel you have ever stayed in?  (Read 2008 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Worst hotel you have ever stayed in?
« on: January 20, 2015, 09:11:42 AM »
Following on from a post I hijacked about bad electrics ......

"Reminds me of the AI hotel we got cheap off Teletext a few hundred years back. They had a cig machine just at the side of the (green) pool with a sign saying "do not use if you have wet feet".

Worst hotel ever! Flies everywhere. Crumbs in our bed. AI drinks - one at a time! You had to queue for your own. Porter was also manager and bar tender - sweated like a pig. It was like a Carry On movie. We stayed one day and demanded a move.

Still have nightmares about that holiday!"

Hotel Son Moro in Majorca - even the taxi driver that picked us up to move us to our new hotel called it "kaka". They closed it two days later.

I complained to Evergreen Travel when we got home and they gave me the cost of the move back (£100 or £150 I can't remember). Took months to get it out of them and I cashed the cheque just before they went bust     :)

Anyone been to worse?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 13:22:42 PM by stoop »

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Re: Worst hotel you have ever stayed in?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 16:27:08 PM »
Sevi Life Calis
ATROCIOUS !!!!!!!
Filthy breakfast room and smelly waiters.
On top of which our room was sub let on our middle weekend (when we whizzed off to Dalyan) and all our clothes were stuffed into our suitcases to welcome us on our return.
Seems to have changed hands since - hope its improved !!!

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 16:34:19 PM »
Hotel London, Istanbul. 5 of us stayed there in 3 rooms. In one room a pair of really soiled underpants were found stuck between two bath towels and the toilet was not secured to the floor. My friend sat on the '' throne'' which fell at an angle side ways. In another room the electric cables glowed when the hair drier was plugged in. In my room the only running water was down the bathroom wall !!! Not to be recommended.
WW
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 17:10:12 PM by wickwilly »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 17:02:21 PM »
Dalaman Park when we were delayed 24 hours with a Thomson flight...Unbelievable.   

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 18:14:46 PM »
Seyir Village Hisaronu last year. Lorraine and I had been before, & at that time, it  was " exactly as it said on the tin, " a cheap,comfortable hotel, with attentive staff, regular linen & towel changes, food was , like many, many Turkish hotels, predictable, but ok.
Last year, what a bloody nightmare, we had to get moved from the first room due to what can only be described as filth & black mould every where. We moved to another room, but this was only a little better. Luckily for us, fellow members of this Forum had availability at their lovely apartment in Calis, & after 5 nights at Seyir Village, we got into a taxi, & headed for the apartment. We felt very , very sorry for the lads who worked the bar & snack bar at Seyir, they really did their very best, but had bugger all to work with !! We were told that the previous owner had taken over Seyir Beach Hotel in Olu Deniz, & had " given " Seyir Village Hotel to his son & daughter " to play with "  !!!!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 22:31:27 PM »
Bosworth Hall Hotel, Market Bosworth, Warwickshire.

Beautiful 17th Century Hall in lovely grounds in a very pleasant part of the UK.

Not one space left in the large car park.Tatty and very dirty Reception foyer. Very crowded, messy - actually downright filthy - dining room, with horrible food. It was rather like eating in a prison, squashed up with other inmates, very noisy and we couldn't actually eat as the food was in parts undercooked, and in parts so over cooked as to require forensic examination to determine its identity. Overworked and horrendously rude staff.

Cavernous room was full of beautiful architectural features and freezing cold with one tiny wardrobe, a chest of drawers so large I think they built the Hall around them, and the most uncomfortable and coldest bed ever. Stayed only one night out of three. Checked out, itching furiously ......

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 10:24:46 AM »
I must be lucky, I've never stayed in a bad hotel

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 15:59:43 PM »
The Station Hotel in Oxford.
So-called because it was pretty much on the platform.

It had that cabbage-y old-folks'-home smell and the corridors weren't wide enough to walk down facing forwards while carrying your case - you had to shuffle along sideways.

No food - not even breakfast - and surly staff.

Tatty, spartan rooms that looked like the kind of terrorist hideout you see on tv shows.

Our room was supposed to be en suite but we were stumped - where was the shower?
Then we opened one of the wardrobe doors and there it was, complete with plastic footwell etc. No loo - we had to go out of our room and along the narrow stinky corridor.

Stayed one night and then left.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 14:34:43 PM »
in parts so over cooked as to require forensic examination to determine its identity.
Nice turn of phrase.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 17:09:16 PM »
Loving these. I guess we can laugh now - but at the time ............

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf