Author Topic: Akkent Garden Hotel & Mandolin Bistro  (Read 4455 times)

Offline Lynne09

Akkent Garden Hotel & Mandolin Bistro
« on: April 30, 2015, 15:51:11 PM »
Went here the other evening excellent food, highly recommend it, will definitely go back

Offline devindazzle

Re: Akkent Garden Hotel & Mandolin Bistro
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 17:13:40 PM »
Glad you had a nice meal.  What was the menu choice like?  I am vegetarian so was there much that would suit me?  Always nice to find new places, and the last few times weve been past this one I have been curious as to give it a try.  We don't have the pleasure of eating out too often so when we do its nice not to go to the same old places everytime!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 10:55:41 AM »
They have an excellent menu with several very nice Veggie dishes, we use it every week for our quiznights and never had a bad meal yet  :)

Offline dycedon

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 14:10:23 PM »
Where is this place ?

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 15:33:40 PM »
Where is this place ?

just past sunday market next to court hse opp the new kipa

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 16:05:03 PM »
Well I hate to be a killjoy here, we tried it for an English breakfast last weekend mainly because of the great comments. It has to have been the worst one we've ever had here. It was cooked in about 5 mins which was quite worrying as there were sausages in the mix! Both our eggs were rock hard, certainly not freshly cooked and c'mon - how hard or costly is it in a place running with chickens to freshly fry a couple of eggs? It wasn't as if they were busy and had no time, the place was empty except for 4 others inside. We wouldn't judge a place solely on an English breakfast which we rarely have (but  M just fancied one) and I'd like to think their other meals will be significantly better. Nice place though.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 16:43:29 PM »
A few weeks ago I would have rated this restaurant as excellent 10 out of 10, but unfortunately as there popularity grew and they got busier the quality has gone downhill. We have a couple of friends who now refuse to go there at all, but we have stuck by them and continued to go there but last night it was quite appalling. The food was not as listed, the steak came out with rice and chips, no vegetables as promised, the lamb kebab was the same, rice and chips no veg, and the seafood salad was a mass of leaves, hardly any seafood, certainly no salmon whatsoever, no asparagus, and when a complaint was made it was not addressed at all, even after 3 attempts. No apology, or any attempt to put things right, and the bill made no reflection of the shortfall. We simply refused to pay for the seafood salad as it was so poor, and with a shrug it was simply deducted from the bill. If Mandolin want to keep the custom they have built up since they opened then they need to have better customer service, and the least they can do is serve the food as it is described on the menu, they cannot get away with not fulfilling their promises.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 18:11:31 PM »
i have been there three times for breakfast and we have had the best  in turkey proper fried bread have not seen that anywhere else ,and whats plenty of chickens got to do with with the eggs being hard they dont cook  the bloody eggs  they just lay them . >:(

Offline Lotty

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 08:22:58 AM »
I'm glad you've had good breakfasts there Lance, your recommendation was the reason we went there to try it, but ours wasn't good on the day. The Mulberry Tree in Fethiye do excellent fried bread and I think its probably our favourite for a very good breakfast.

Offline davybill

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 08:57:08 AM »
Friends went there and said wouldn't go again,service was very slow,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf