Author Topic: Election and After  (Read 14821 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Election and After
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2015, 07:00:19 AM »

To answer your question Colwyn,

367 seats to change the constitution without having a referendum

330 seats would require a referendum
Thanks Nicola.

Offline davybill

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2015, 07:19:34 AM »
Looks like a coalition Government now,the President won't like that,

Offline Eric

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2015, 07:30:12 AM »
I predict a new election in a few weeks, RTE to relinquish presidents role, take over prime minister role for new election (because he thinks people vote for him), and then return to presidents role after election.  How he can do this legally he will sort out no doubt.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2015, 07:38:36 AM »
Colwyn did I see you and Mrs Colwyn walking across a farm field in Calis a couple of days ago.  All kitted  out like your were hikers .?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2015, 07:43:58 AM »
Not us. Neither of us is in Calis.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2015, 08:21:57 AM »
The biggest surprise to me last night and so far this morning is the absence of an announcement from Prez Reg.  He is the political master of the quick response where political advantage is concerned. He fires from the lip naturally.  And don't tell me it's because of his constitutional position in the establishment of the new government... Never worried about such constitutional niceties before.

So his silence almost certainly suggests that he will seek to distance himself from the AKP election result, nothing to do with me gov!, and put himself forward as the only man - read Strongman - to get things done.  So whether the Turkish voters like it or not they are going to get what Reg wants, and through fair means and foul he will drive through plans to make himself a un-challengable President. His first step will be to ensure that any Parliamentary Government will not be formed as a result of this election, and if it does he will ensure that it is weak and unstable.

Perhaps the question now is can he be stopped?

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2015, 08:45:42 AM »
The Turkish Lira fell to 4.23tl (so far?) to the pound this morning, and the Turkish stock exchange is down nearly 6%. So the markets are not happy with the political outcome of the election, although Calis visitors might be.  This is of course only more grist to Reg's mill!!

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2015, 09:41:09 AM »
It's a long time since the military took control. As I said some months ago a new area for the Kurds comprising of land currently being fought over by ISIS will at some stage need to be created, this result could be a baby step towards it.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015, 10:11:57 AM »
I think it's possible that we could be hearing more of Ex President Gul. Rte has tried to side line him

and there were reports that MIT were tracking him and visitors to him. Last week his brothers business

was raided by the Tax authorities seeking "irregularities".A few months ago he said he would decide on

his future after the elections and with reports of infighting at the top of the AKP I wouldn't be surprised

to see a breakaway version of the AKP. A lot of their heads would have rolled if RTE had got his Presidential

system. My surprise is the silence of the Army. With recent convictions,jailings, pardonings of the Armed Forces

and now prosecutions of Army Commanders for doing their duty and exposing illegal arms deliveries to ISIL

where is the Armies voice.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 11:26:58 AM »
Good point on Gul Kevin, he was properly shafted by Reg at the end of his presidency to ensure he was no threat to Reg's general election or more particularly his Presidency changes.  My only issue with Gul is does he have the balls to challenge Reg, even in some small way?

As to the army, I am no advocate of their return to any political power, but If Reg plays the dirty game I expect him to play to capture all power to himself, then against my better democratic values I could see some merit...... Sad that it could be that way!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf