Author Topic: Hesitant on Turkey 2016?  (Read 59966 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hesitant on Turkey 2016?
« on: November 27, 2015, 23:48:56 PM »
We're a resilient bunch on CBF, and when people in the past have cancelled and avoided Turkey through fears of terrorism, earthquakes, wars in adjacent lands etc - we've all sneered and carried on regardless - and had the usual great holidays.

But I wonder what members are thinking today, about the possibility of booking Turkey 2016 or giving it a miss.

I posted about how much we loved our October break at the Delta and had already booked for next year - and fully intending to be there. But things are moving fast both politically and in regard to Syria and inter-country relationships. I'm wondering whether to book those flights or wait and see how things pan out - and I've never been like that.

Any other thoughts?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hesitant on Turkey 2016?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 23:55:07 PM »
The present Mrs H attempted an impersonation of your good lady when I posed your question "Will we be going in 2016".

Her response was

"Yes but not when it's really hot" :-[ :-[ :-[

PS Hope you don't mind me posting Des

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 00:13:07 AM »
I didn't book. I messaged hotel and said until the political situation calms down I wont be. He was ok with it, just said I was welcome anytime. I have looked at flights since it happened thinking I might see a cheap enough flight to make me want to risk losing the money, but prices appear to be the same. So I remain on the fence.. :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 00:27:38 AM »
Yes that's sort of where I am - as I said I fully intend coming but with things so volatile I wonder if I should be booking flights now or waiting to see how the next 3-6 months go and hopefully booking flights then. When I book flights we're going - and I'd hate to book flights, look forward to it then not go. So it's more a question (for us anyway) of do we book flights now and risk not going, or wait and book flights when things have (hopefully) panned out and calmed.

The Turkish hoteliers etc are so used to all this, they must be holding their breath every other year wondering what is ahead. I do have a fear that the loss of Russian tourists (and there will be) might be enough to send businesses to the wall. If the Russians don't come, our hotels and restaurants may not be there for us.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 00:38:12 AM »
Well I have booked my flights, but I'm not booking a hotel yet. The 2 flights were just £120 in total, so if the worst comes to the worst, I won't be losing a fortune if we can't get to Turkey.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 00:48:22 AM »
So, hesitant then...

:)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 00:54:06 AM »
Yip. I think things will get worse, I'm afraid.

Offline Silverfox

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 01:17:33 AM »
I don't usually book my travel until a couple of months in advance anyway.  However, next year I will see how events go in the meantime. Still love to get out there though.  :-\

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 04:44:44 AM »
We are the same I am afraid....Fair enough I know I am one of lifes worriers fortunately my hubby is not and he feels the same as in lets see what happens...
We are the same as Toky we have three trips booked for next year as I booked with Easyjet when they were released so would not lose a fortune if we dont go...
I am gutted inside as there is not really anywhere else I want to go but I suppose like others we are going to wait and see...

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 08:20:23 AM »
We are booked for October next year - but admit being a little worried now.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf