Author Topic: Brexit means Brexit?  (Read 41104 times)

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
Re: Brexit means Brexit?
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2016, 16:37:17 PM »
While I'm here, do you remember that WTO Rules fall-back option? (you know, the "God help us" trading option assuming that we can't keep access to the Single Market AND kick Johnny Foreigner out)

Well, we'd even have to renegotiate entry to that club too - we can't just waltz in. And God-forbid if a WTO member had a long-standing UK thorn in its side, like ownership over some obscure South Atlantic islands, for example, and decided to be difficult about admitting us.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2016, 17:55:28 PM »

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.

Offline madmart

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2016, 18:13:10 PM »
While I'm here, do you remember that WTO Rules fall-back option? (you know, the "God help us" trading option assuming that we can't keep access to the Single Market AND kick Johnny Foreigner out)

Well, we'd even have to renegotiate entry to that club too - we can't just waltz in. And God-forbid if a WTO member had a long-standing UK thorn in its side, like ownership over some obscure South Atlantic islands, for example, and decided to be difficult about admitting us.

You obviously do not believe in referenda (unless the result goes your way). As I seem to remember that the Falkland Islanders voted to remain under UK control.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2016, 18:42:03 PM »

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.
Hey, your contributions are improving; much more coherent; try to keep it up old chap.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2016, 18:46:31 PM »
We will not tender for new customers. Once our current customer base is depleted we will sell off the rights to the software. It will have little value as it will be out of date. We will then close the company.

Must be a horrible experience having to kill off a business you have cared about.

This is not an isolated situation.  There are many small to medium businesses facing the same fate.  My OH is in a similar(ish) position - our solution is to relocate to Spain several years before we intended to. 

JF

Till they boot you out.   ;)

You mean like wot happened when you got deported from Turkey...  :P how many times is it now?

Why would Spain boot out JuanF?

Mibbe I should change my username next year  :)

JuanF

Offline madmart

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2016, 20:44:44 PM »
For the record I did vote to leave and my reasons are I admit entirely selfish.

I last had a pay rise in 2011, since then every year I have been told by one of our directors (this is a FTSE 250 company by the way) that. For what we are paying you we could get 2 eastern Europeans in I am quite certain that similar conversations have happened elsewhere.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2016, 22:40:37 PM »

What lies you were told to make you vote remain!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2016, 22:44:59 PM »

Did you not listen to what the WTO head said yesterday or have you conveniently dismissed it?

Offline davybill

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2016, 08:20:15 AM »
 Do you not listen Brexit Means BREXIT.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2016, 09:58:49 AM »

What lies you were told to make you vote remain!
Whether or not, and which of, these predictions were correct we will find out when we leave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf