Author Topic: new member  (Read 1879 times)

Offline raff

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 07:15:49 AM »
Hi Pete - change is inevitable no matter where you go - I'm sure we would all like to keep our favourite holiday place unspoilt. We visited Olu Deniz in May for the first time since we had holidayed there 5 years ago - we could not believe how much it had changed. Turkey is what you make of it - if some people want to have egg & chips & roast beef its up to them - there are plenty of places to chose from where you can eat Turkish and avoid sky sports.
In defence of the Suzus restaurant on the roundabout - please don't judge it on one bad experience! We ate there lots of times in May - we found their food excellent (and cheap) - lamb casserole, kebabs, salads and fresh cooked pizzas. The staff couldn't have been more helpful - my husband and neice fancied Hawaian pizza which wasn't on the menu so someone went off to the nearest shop to buy pineapple! I will admit - one night we did have a bit of a wait (hey whats the rush - you're on holiday)- a large crowd of Brits turned up at the same time as us but the manager kept apologising for the delay and brought us some free rakis. Perhaps I will avoid the spag bol though, just like I will avoid having lasagne in the 3Ms(Is that how its spelt?)on the sea front which came with spaghetti twists in it!!!

Offline teresa321

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 17:25:32 PM »
Well you live and learn Val - thanks for that.  There is salami pizza on the menu but we went for the pepperoni.  We will try next time, I had lasagne at the Nil and enjoyed it but had spaghetti somewhere else and it was ok but definitely had a Turkish taste. I do think the availability of some herbs may also be an issue.

However, as someone who will eat just about anything I am probably not the best person to use as a guide.

Teresa

Offline kanga

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 13:34:29 PM »
a warm welcome to the forum ,sorry its a belated one but we have been in calis for 7 weeks and no computer,just sun efes and fun

kanga

ps everything in the garden doesnt always smell of roses, had a meal in the uk last night and that wasnt all that,give me calis food anytime

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf