Author Topic: new member  (Read 1878 times)

Offline P I Man

« on: August 22, 2005, 14:07:16 PM »
hi my name is pete i've holidayed in calis for 4 years and became quite fond of the place. i've followed the forum for some time and this year used it as a guide for my holiday. calis is not as nice as it used to be - it is getting over developed and is loosing its local character. i dont want to go on holiday to watch sky sports and have egg and bacon breakfasts and roast beef lunches - i can stay at home for that. i think some of the postings are fanciful - or that i just dont agree with them. i am a new member who has not posted up to now - sorry xanadu-i didnt realsie i had to introduce myself! but i think there should be some holiday truths about some of these postings. suzus on the roundabout was dreadful where i waited over 90 minutes for a main course and when it came the spag bol was disgusting, swimming in oil. more to come

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 14:15:28 PM »
Welcome PI Man,
Sounds like we are in for some posts from you, which shall make intersting reading.
As long as they are factual and posted in the correct section I am sure we all be intersted in what you have to say. I am sure some people will agree with and some won't.

Where do you like to go on holiday?
Maybe as part of your posts you have a lot of info you could give so for us who wish to go further a field can benifit from your obviously wide experiences.

Hos Geldeniz

Lorraine

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 15:49:34 PM »
Youv'e got some patience Pete !  90 mins, I 'd have been out of the door way before that.

I agree that there have been a lot of changes and not all of them good. I still manage to find places that I love and avoid the ones I think I won't.

Offline Jenny

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 16:01:37 PM »
It can't be as bad as the spag bol we had in the Area beach front cafe - it was also swimming in oil but there wasnt a sauce, just a few chunks of kofte meat mixed in with chillis and orange slices! Very strange!

Welcome to the forum, will be interesting to hear some different views on Calis - im sure there will be many people that will disagree but I look forward to hearing your honest views either way. I will let you know if i disagree though!

Jenny.x.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 16:21:57 PM »
welcome pete, lets hear some more about your views and why you think some of the postings are fanciful,that would be very interesting

Offline susuz

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 18:02:13 PM »
Calis has got a long way to go to be as overdeveloped as Hisaronu in my opinion and light years away from Spain Greece or anywhere you may care to mention ....

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 20:04:20 PM »
90 minutes on a roundabout!! Wow.

Seriously though I think we are all aware on here that Calis is far from perfect. I've yet to find anywhere that is. However, those of us who come on here tend to be Calis lovers (that's why we joined the forum) and maybe tha's why we appear to wear rose tinted spectacles sometimes.

It's a Calis forum not Holiday Truths!

Stoop

Offline teresa321

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 20:40:31 PM »
I don't know suzus I am afraid (and perhaps I never will now), sometimes dishes do vary and Turkish interpretations of dishes do sometimed get muddled in translation.  I have had moussaka twice in Calis and I have never been to Greece but the ones I have had in the UK had potato and a white sauce sort of topping which appears to disappear in Turkey.

Also we have had trouble with pepperoni pizza which never came with pepperoni. We did finally query this (Birlik and Take Inn) and in both cases their interpretation was lots of pepper and they hadn't realised what pepperoni was - the pizzas were stonking hot though.

I should add that we do eat Turkish food as well and we have never had a roast dinner or egg and chips yet - but never say never.

Teresa

Offline susuz

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 21:46:06 PM »
By the way, I've got nothing to do with Susuz restaurant - Susuz happens  to be the name of the villa we stayed at Ovacik!:D

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 22:08:28 PM »

You are right about interpretation Teresa, however we have Italian friends who have a restaurant and he goes mad about pepperoni, which in Italian means pepper. Its only us Brits who call the sausage stuff peperoni, its salami to an Italian (and maybe to a Turk too!:D)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf