Author Topic: new member  (Read 1452 times)

Offline imp

« on: August 30, 2005, 10:34:16 AM »
 :)Hi my name is May I come from sunny Liverpool home of the mighty red champs. I am 53 and married, as we are now retired we love going on holiday, but only went to Turkey for the first time this year and fell in love with it, so much so we came home for 3 weeks and went back again for 2 weeks. We have booked to go back again in October but so far have only stayed in Marmaris.
I hope we can pick up a few tips of other places to stay.
             Happy holidaying
                              May

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 11:08:18 AM »
Hi May, I stayed in Kusadasi a couple of times, anjoyed it, then i went to Icsmeler, sorry dont know how you spell it, loved it, couldn't do with Marmaris, too much like Blackpool, I love the quiet life, try Hisaronu or Olu Deniz, I believe they lovely places, i know Hisaronu is, cos i stayed there,Alan

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 12:25:02 PM »
Hi May
Welcome to the forum.
We're almost all Calis lovers on this site so you may get biased info lol
Anne

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 14:18:53 PM »
hi imp and welcome,nice to see another scouser on the forum (where are you in liverpool) and i  totally agree the home of the mighty champs, i have a place not far from calis so i am a bit biased,but turkey is a great place to be ,lots to see

Offline Fettlers

• Warrington, UK
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 22:36:55 PM »
Hello May
Welcome to the forum and I hope you find it as useful and amuseing as we do. We are not far down the road from you - Warrington,but my hubby is LFC mad and originaly from Birkenhead-poor thing :D. We have been to Turkey many times and tried a few places, Altinkum, Icemeler, Olu Deniz and Calis, and our hearts belong to Calis. We hope you continue to enjoy the delights of Turkey    Debbie and Brian

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 22:57:59 PM »
Sorry we have enough scousers:(
Tinx ;)

Offline raff

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 07:33:54 AM »
Hi May,
Welcome to the Forum.We got a cheap package deal to Marmaris a couple of years ago. It was ok but there was far too much hassle - you can't walk along the sea front without being constantly "invited" in for food or drinks and we stopped going in the bazaar/market because we couldn't be doing with the hassle from every shop. I admit you do get a certain amount of that in every holiday resort but we go on holiday for a bit of peace and quiet and we certainly didn't find any in Marmaris. Go and visit Calis, Fethiye, Olu Denize and Hisaronu - they are all close to each other but each have different qualities so in one holiday you can have all the best Turkey has to offer.
Brian & Chris

Offline lolly

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 08:22:52 AM »
Hi May and welcome to the forum, like many others Marmaris was not for us and we lost our heart to Calis and the region 8 years ago. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Lolly x

Offline doll

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 15:33:35 PM »
hi may
enjoy your retirement
check out the flights some good deals try xl airways
 put calis in code box and they will give you £15 discount
flythomascook.com is another good site for flights
come and see fethiye,calis,oludeniz etc

Offline Orange

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 09:51:41 AM »
Hi May - welcome to the forum - you will find lots if tips and info on holidaying in calis and the surrounding area on here if you check out the search facility

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf