Author Topic: The View of Kings - Kings Garden Restaurant - Fethiye  (Read 11028 times)

Offline penny

Re: The View of Kings - Kings Garden Restaurant
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2012, 15:21:45 PM »
We booked to go here a few days in advance got picked up no problem. The restaurant was empty. When we arrived but we were seated on a table at the rear with limited views. We did not realise that we had to choose from the set Menue as we had been picked up by them. They had run out of  some of the set menu deserts so choice was limited. Food was not up to much small portions and cold not worth 25 pounds a head. We also had to wait for our transport as we were sharing with anither two couples, they had ordered a second bottle if wine. When we stated tht we were not happy to wait the other couples were told they would have to leave with us or wait an hour for the next transport. I don't mind paying for quality dining but I feel this was an expensive bill for a below average meal.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2012, 20:13:41 PM »
I think you must have booked with an agent or tour guide as this is when you get the set menu.  I have read about this before. It's because a set price is paid and the person booking for you gets paid too.   It's far better to ring and book yourself, then you get the Al a Carte Menu.  Also if you are getting free transport it does save money, and they only have so much transport available.  If would have been possible to get your own taxi if you did not want to wait.
As a matter of interest, just how much did you pay?

Offline suemolly

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 10:22:08 AM »
we went last night, taxi service was prompt and they dropped us back in Calis near the beach which is where we asked for, the place was empty when we got there, no entertainment, food was ok, enjoyed the views more and the walk up to the temple, cost for 5 of us came to about £100 so was reasonable enough, it was worth going but would only go back if I knew that there would be plenty of people there

Offline batman

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 15:02:05 PM »
A group of 8 of us went a couple of weeks ago, great views but the food was expensive for what you got, T bone was like rubber. After reading all the good reviews felt disappointed, won't go back. Had a much better meal at the new Shaka on the prom, went twice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf