Author Topic: Tours  (Read 4000 times)

Offline smoggie

Tours
« on: August 18, 2008, 15:59:08 PM »
Hello All coming over to Calis on the 28th of August,trying to plan a trip to Ephesus and Pamukkale.Has anyone done this trip,How was it? and does anyone know a good place to book.[?]

Offline STEVErx

Tours
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 16:39:50 PM »
hi smoggie and welcome to the forum
cant help you myself but sure some other members
will be along soon to help you
enjoy your trip to the lovly calis beach

Offline smoggie

Tours
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 16:50:13 PM »
Thanks STEVErx....Its not the first time my husband and I have been to Calis....we absolutley love it .....this time we have the company of friends with us, all 15 of us will be invading so I will apologise now for not keeping the secret of Calis Beach...:D

Offline STEVErx

Tours
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 16:53:30 PM »
bloody hell that will fill the beach

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Tours
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 17:27:23 PM »
I don't think Calis is a big secret any more smoggie, the Germans and the Russians have already invaded. I can't help either, i've never been, only ever done Jerry,s boat trips. Alan

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Tours
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 17:40:09 PM »
Most of the tour companies offer a two day trip with an overnight stopover.  I think they are about £45......it is a very good trip but Ephesus can be very very hot at this time of year and you cram so much in it is a bit of a whistle stop, but not to be missed.  You can do Pammukale on its own as a day trip. :)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Tours
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 21:15:00 PM »
We drove to Pammukale- took a few hours - we did stop off a few times- When I first saw it - I was most unimpressed, from a distance it looked naff. I said to my husband- if we have driven all this way to see a dirty white mess I will be very unhappy. But it got better and better, we had no idea there were roman ruins to see aswell, it was quite an impressive sight. The ampitheatre was breath taking, I came over all stupid and got a bit tearful- daft brush! We didn't go to Ephesus - we will do that another time but I should imagine it can be hot- the saving grace for Pammukale is that there is water.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tours
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 21:27:10 PM »
Any thoughts on what actually turned out to be a great disappointment? I've enjoyed nearly everywhere I've been, but was unbelievably disappointed the first time we went to Gocek. It's nice enough but not the Turkish Puerto Banus I was expecting [:o]

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Tours
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 21:43:29 PM »
I agree- it's ok but not what I was expecting and you couldn't spend the day there. The best bit about Gocek is the public exercise equipment. We had a right good chuckle on that.

Offline Christie

Tours
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 22:32:55 PM »
We have done the Ephesus & Pammukale 2 day trip a couple of times - both are well worth going to.  We used the local travel firms and they were absolutely fine.   The trip up to Ephesus is quite long, but they stop quite a lot - places of interest / lunch etc.   We got a good tour around Ephesus in the afternoon - although you really need a bit longer to take it in properly,  and then the coach went on to Pammukale in the evening.  You then get the morning in Pammukale, it is quite something to see and experience - try the pool area where you can swim in the lovely effervescent water.  Not sure if you can walk on the slopes now, we could and did.   We would definitely recommend the trip.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf