Author Topic: Flythomas cook response  (Read 3652 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Flythomas cook response
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 11:32:34 AM »
fashion I will leave to you ken , I'll keep hold of the facts.Thomas cook emailed me to say while still in turkey that they would repay us for our return flights and that they having cancelled our return flights, we were told to book and pay for return flights which we did on the first availible flight 10 days after our normal return date. yesterday received email now saying they won't repay at all. I will write to them in my usual style ken and may have to take them to small claims court to get a fair result.

Offline C-E

Flythomas cook response
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 14:51:34 PM »
Hi C1, I would contact ABTA, the more people contact them about FLYTHOMASCOOK the better case we have against them.

ABTA have advised me I am not the only one who has faced problems with this company over disrupted flights re ash cloud.  They advised they could not say how many but its in triple figures.

Offline peecee

Flythomas cook response
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 21:18:14 PM »
Ci, if your trip was just 'flight only' then I would suggest you contact IATA as well as ABTA.  If an airline 'defaults' on the contract to fly you on the booked date then you are entitled, by law I believe, to compensation.  this would normally be putting you up in an hotel, food, normal expenses etc.  It wasn't your fault you couldn't fly (and it wasn't theirs to be fair) but the airlines are claiming compensation which should, in theory, be passed on to the passengers.  I would certainly write them a letter/email asking for compensation (the cost of staying longer) and ask for a response within so many days or you contact a lawyer.  If your flight is only delayed for so many hours ( from what I remember, 5) you are entitled to free refreshments.  Good luck.
ps I never fly Thomas Cook unless it's an emergency, they're crap
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 21:19:38 PM by peecee »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Flythomas cook response
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 00:52:44 AM »
Never had a problem with them in the past and have flown many time to Turkey with them. However - it's when you get a problem that companies show their ability to respond. Not impressed with what I have read.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Flythomas cook response
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 12:07:51 PM »
We've never had a problem either Stoop up until now. Still it's not a desperately important problem but it just as easily might have been which is why I'm so annoyed about the total lack of response.

To make matters worse I received a general email from them yesterday AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH:(

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Flythomas cook response
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »
Result after letter threatening to take them to court they paid upin full.

Offline calvin 1949

Flythomas cook response
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 13:24:23 PM »
Try this site found it helpful in finding out your rights!!!
wwwauc.org.uk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf