Author Topic: Claim To Fame  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Bluwise

Claim To Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2011, 20:28:17 PM »
Keith Harris?

My other half is a musician and that meant I got to meet some great people when he was working in the Isle of Man - Hughie Green, Ken Dodd, Lena Zavaroni, Mike and Berni Winters to name a few.   I know you will need to be of a "certain age" to know who they even are!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Claim To Fame
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 20:37:27 PM »
Come on Bluwise, spill the beans - who were the great people you met ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Claim To Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 21:03:11 PM »
In my teen years my claim to fame was running in the same crowd as Stephen Milligan MP. the very same one that died after tying an electrical cord round his neck during an act of autoerotic asphyxiation. Like all MP's all a bit on the strange side.
(yet another typical Tory never in the real world, was also the partner to another scheming lying Tory, Julie Kirkbride).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 21:07:30 PM by loz »

Offline tonyb

Claim To Fame
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2011, 19:23:29 PM »
Shook hands with the greatest fighter of all time- The Greatest- Muhammad Ali, when he visited Brum to open his community centre.Had my picture taken with throwing a punch at me at our office on the same visit when he came to start the presses rolling for that days edition of our local rag & typical bloody unions(NGA),wouldn't let him start the press until he enrolled. Managed to get that picture signed on a later visit(book signing), had it on my office wall for over 10 years & the got in early one morning & guess what, you've got it- some thieving little B*****D had stolen it. I haven't been as angry up to this day, as I was that morning. Just as well they could't steal the memory of those moments.

Offline Bluwise

Claim To Fame
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2011, 20:57:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Come on Bluwise, spill the beans - who were the great people you met ;)

I know, sad isn't it !:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf