Author Topic: Election and After  (Read 14822 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Election and After
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2015, 11:53:09 AM »
Erdogan’s statement:

Erdogan said on Monday no party had won a mandate to govern alone in a parliamentary election and urged all political parties to work towards preserving an environment of confidence and stability in the country.

“Our nation’s opinion is above everything else,” Erdogan said in a statement released by his office, his first public comments on Sunday’s vote.

“I believe the results, which do not give the opportunity to any party to form a single-party government, will be assessed healthily and realistically by every party.”

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
My surprise is the silence of the Army. With recent convictions,jailings, pardonings of the Armed Forces and now prosecutions of Army Commanders for doing their duty and exposing illegal arms deliveries to ISIL where is the Armies voice.

The army's "voice" was silenced a few years ago and is unlikely to return for the foreseeable future.  Way too many pious individuals in the upper echelons of the armed forces now, where piety counts for more than military ability.

“Our nation’s opinion is above everything else,” Erdogan said in a statement released by his office, his first public comments on Sunday’s vote.

“I believe the results, which do not give the opportunity to any party to form a single-party government, will be assessed healthily and realistically by every party.”

It's hard to believe these are his words... 

JF

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »
They are almost certainly not Reg's words, to honeyed for him!  Anyway he is busy at the moment going round banging heads, threatening, accusing, slapping where necessary, calling in all his favours from AKP apparatchik supporters and not forgetting of course those who have benefitted from Reg and/or AKP patronage and largesse over the last 13 years to make sure they are in line when the call 'to arms' comes from Reg to carry him forward as Turkey's messianic saviour!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 13:14:23 PM »
Did I just see the lira at 4.20?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2015, 13:26:28 PM »
On the currency markets the £ hit 4.288 before subsiding a little. Just over 4.2 now.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2015, 13:35:52 PM »
The achievements of the HDP in this election are impressive. Has the charismatic Demirtas achieve the dream of the radical-liberal left of building a "Rainbow Coalition" that many thought was was mere wishful thinking?

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2015, 14:40:29 PM »
Is there any chance of the 3 minority parties joining forces to form a majority government?

I know, that's just wishful thinking.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2015, 14:47:06 PM »
Is there any chance of the 3 minority parties joining forces to form a majority government?

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2015, 14:51:00 PM »
What was the result in Fethiye and district? MHP?

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2015, 15:26:08 PM »
Mugla overall was CHP - with just over 45% of the vote which elected 3 representatives to the parliament.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf