Author Topic: Wonderful Turkey  (Read 7555 times)

Offline Diane Bond

• Newly Registered
Wonderful Turkey
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:17:55 AM »
I have never added to Calis Beach Forum but when I saw this I just had to add it - its actually talking about Kalkan but it may as well be Calis - this is so true and as we all know the Media scaremongering will effect the visitors to Turkey so we need to get this out there as we know what a wonderful place Calis & Fethiye are and how wonderful friendly and hard working our Turkish friends are - Roll on 2016 cant wait to get back to our place in Paradise already booked four times next year
http://kalkansecrets.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/the-truth-about-terrorism-in-kalkan.html?m=1

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Re: Wonderful Turkey
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 09:40:04 AM »
Fantastic article Diane, glad you shared it. Unfortunately too many people brainwashed by media and can't and don't think for themselves. Let's hope the people wake up for 2016. They are missing out in my view  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 09:55:32 AM »
as we all know the Media scaremongering will effect the visitors to Turkey

Just curious, what scaremongering has there been in the media? 

I know the Daily Mail is always anti Turkey and will print any old bollox if shows Turkey in a bad light, but it has been doing that for years.  The media coverage I've seen has generally been fairly well balanced, and a lot less biased than it could be.  Sometimes you have to accept that beyond a particular area (bubble?) there are bad things happening in a country.

JF

Offline Diane Bond

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 13:01:18 PM »

I agree John there are bad things happening in all countries but I just thought that this Article was so spot on - To be honest don't want to post any link to these Media headlines as these are too misleading  but there were some awful ones especially after last years awful Tunisia terror attack .  Lets just wave the flag for holidaying in Turkey as we all know how kind generous and friendly the majority of the Turks are and I for one will be coming and bringing friends as always to enjoy the Scenery Food Culture Generosity & Kindness Oh and of course the wonderful weather for years to come.   

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 13:19:47 PM »
the Daily Mail ... will print any old bollox if shows Turkey in a bad light,
... or gays, or trade unionists, or local government, or the public sector, or Muslims, or immigrants, or people on benefits, or ... just about the whole of humanity except for the few they suppose to read the Daily Mail - and those nice Nazis, of course..

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 14:01:37 PM »
To be honest don't want to post any link to these Media headlines as these are too misleading

Humour me, post some.  I genuinely believe Turkey has got off lightly by most of the western media so it'd be interesting to see some examples I may have missed.

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 14:05:03 PM »
the Daily Mail ... will print any old bollox if shows Turkey in a bad light,
... or gays, or trade unionists, or local government, or the public sector, or Muslims, or immigrants, or people on benefits, or ... just about the whole of humanity except for the few they suppose to read the Daily Mail - and those nice Nazis, of course..

I dont think that's entirely accurate Colwyn, I'm fairly sure the Daily Mail once ran an article that said Himmler was a very bad man.  I'm also sure they said Max Mosley was a bad man too.

JF

Offline Diane Bond

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 14:26:30 PM »
This is not a joke Can we stay on the relevent subject Wonderful Turkey!!!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 15:47:09 PM »
No, it's not a joke Diane but we tend to have an awful lot of tongue in cheek comments on our forum.
You will soon get used to the different personalities on here and come to love it as much as we all do

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 16:18:51 PM »
Personally I didn't think Colwyn was joking with his comments about the Daily Mail. That's exactly my perception of them as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf