Author Topic: Liquid restrictions at Dalaman  (Read 3572 times)

Offline marjo

Liquid restrictions at Dalaman
« on: December 12, 2009, 16:21:43 PM »
Hi All
Liquid restrictions are due to come into force on 1st January 2010. They may, or may not do, as all summer they have been altering the date of introduction & finally postponed it to this latest date.
When it does come into force though you should still be able to take your drinks & snacks through the security at the entrance & into Departures  :)-it is just at the Gate security where liquids will be stopped & any you wish to carry on board should be in bottles of 100ml or less in clear, resealable plastic bags.
This is the information which ATM gave to Tour Operators at the start of 2009 season, so unless they have changed their mind you will still be able to take your own food & drink into the airport-thank goodness!

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 16:35:41 PM »
good news if this is true mark, as the prices at Dalaman as we all know are dam expensive, we are going back to the UK on the 4th Jan so will report back then, thanks.

Offline Donna2202

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 17:15:43 PM »
My friend flew from Antalya last week and said that the restrictions are already in place there...

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 21:12:13 PM »
If you see two blokes sulking and glugging bottles of water outside the airport main entrance on January 4th, it will be Gunna & me, come over and say hello.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 21:52:55 PM »
are you sure its water in those bottles?

Offline Chinook

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 00:20:45 AM »
and if they move checks to the entrance put airport drinks in your suitcase and get out whilst in the check in queue as has been said before. :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 00:21:44 AM by Chinook »

Offline booo

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 07:24:00 AM »
I flew from Antalya and even though I bought a bottle of water inside the cafe still wasn't allowed to take it through. All got on the flight was one small glass of water :(

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 13:01:52 PM »
Chinook suitcases are x-rayed at the entrance and as this is a security measure I would think it very foolhardy to try to smuggle liquids in to the airport.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 21:26:02 PM by grahamturner09 »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 13:15:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by grahamturner09

Chinook suitcases air x-rayed at the entrance and as this is a security measure I would think it very foolhardy to try to smuggle liquids in to the airport.

Shouldn't make any differnce to putting liquids eg shampoo, shower gell etc in your suitcase travelling from the UK. The pertinent point is that you don't have access to them during the flight
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 13:16:43 PM by Liz 101 »

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 17:14:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Liz 101

quote:
Originally posted by grahamturner09

Chinook suitcases air x-rayed at the entrance and as this is a security measure I would think it very foolhardy to try to smuggle liquids in to the airport.

Shouldn't make any differnce to putting liquids eg shampoo, shower gell etc in your suitcase travelling from the UK. The pertinent point is that you don't have access to them during the flight

Spot on Liz you are correct.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf