Author Topic: carol a tayfun  (Read 16384 times)

Offline bazz1

carol a tayfun
« on: August 02, 2010, 16:13:51 PM »
Hi all just returned  from calis   wife and two children  what a lovely  place

We booked five excursions  with carol a tayfun  ,,12 island  midnight cruse mud bathe  Turkish  bathes  and horse riding   with  regards to horse riding   with dumanlar  total lack of safety  we  were not asked if we  had ever rode before  my son  was given a horse that was not friendly  and after ten minutes up a steep hill  tried to turn round  fell and nearly  crushed him only then  they changed the horse they take a path that is not safe for  novice  riders  we did not feel safe on this trip and  when we  returned  we complained  to the company  and asked for a refund   which fell on deaf ears   shame on you  carol a tayfun  

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
carol a tayfun
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 13:36:12 PM »
another first poster who as yet hasn't introduced himself? not been on any of c and t boat trips myself but then again never heard of any complaints before

Offline Old Daffodil

carol a tayfun
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 14:15:25 PM »
I have been on quite a few riding trips in Turkey and the safety precautions are not good. The Kaya Valley Perma ranch was about the safest.I would not advise anyone to go riding in Turkey even though I have risked it myself.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:45:08 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Judith

carol a tayfun
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 15:19:01 PM »
what is it with holiday makers!
They come to a mountainous region, and expect flat plains

Their children have never ridden before, and yet do not insist with the stables that they are lead by rein on a sensible pony or their child will not get on.

Why wait to for the staff to ask details,
surely if you have  children, you would insist that the stable staff know all of your families lack of experience.

Lack of standards are immediately apparent.
So why ride first!

If you have any complaint, I suggest you tell the stable owners.

Personally, I Pity the poor horses, who in the scorching heat, have to continuously ferry complete novices of all sizes, up and down the difficult path, all for someones 30 minutes of fun.

My heart goes out to the poor creature who fell and received only blame from you.

You had a choice whether to go ahead with the ride... the pony didnt!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 15:20:22 PM by Judith »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
carol a tayfun
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 15:29:09 PM »
Do horses that carry people who aren't novices have some immunity to the heat then?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
carol a tayfun
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 15:39:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Judith

Their children have never ridden before, and yet do not insist with the stables that they are lead by rein on a sensible pony

Also, if my children had never ridden before I would expect the stables to be telling me that! They are supposed to be the experts, not me...I would expect them to be the ones insisting on such matters of child safety.

Offline noods

carol a tayfun
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 15:43:33 PM »
We booked our trips with Carole Tayfun and were really happy with the service. I was apprehensive about the jeep safari after reading about how unsafe some are, however they use Kaycan which I learnt from this forum and now from experience are very good.  We also went riding. I am able to ride and did not take my kids.  I didnt realise how long the ride would be, 3 hrs.  They didnt ask me if I could ride, so I told them and they put me on a horse that I could have a canter on.I also asked for a hat, although many people didnt have one on. Ive been riding in a few countries and find it to be the same where ever you go.  It is a shame on the horses, but I guess this is what they are used to, I felt sorry for the dog who walked for 3 hrs and then buried himself in soil to cool down, no one gave him any water!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
carol a tayfun
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 16:59:24 PM »
My daughter is experienced with horses and had just had to part with her own horse, however, even with her experience she would not chance riding when on holiday.
Standards are not the same as the U.K. and also quite often the horses are not looked after properly.  If we worry about the Dolphins, perhaps we should worry about these poor horses out in seering heat for hours every day.
The only thing I know about Carole & Tayfun is they parked their van so close to our car in Fethiye last June that my husband had to get into the drivers seat from the passenger side. The negotiation of the gear stick was not without worry. I learned words I never knew that day.

Offline bazz1

carol a tayfun
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 18:03:48 PM »
Firstly  Judith  when we booked the horse trip the advert  showed  a beach path
 Secondly  my kids are  both 16yrs  and not under 10yrs  and regularly ride in the uk

When we arrived  we were not happy with the setup from the start  but like the other members s quote (things done different in turkey)

We did question things regards to the condition of  one horse
But this was ignored  

When my sons horse nearly fell down the embankment this was due to the horse being  pulled by one stable hand

And for you information this could have been avoided
Yes I do agree  with you as to the way the horse are treated  and we were not happy  and complained  to the tour operator

Also  we did not finish the trip

Also by the way  I do know that turkey has mountains  and some very nice people

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
carol a tayfun
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 23:04:24 PM »
What is it with holiday makers,!!!!!
I think they are entitled to some degree of safety,  and maybe this post has served as a warning for others who are thinking of horse riding.and maybe the horses in question will have a few days off, fair comment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf