Author Topic: Kahvalti - Turkish Breakfast  (Read 10515 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kahvalti - Turkish Breakfast
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 14:06:51 PM »
there are covered areas - upstairs is covered but no windows - have been there when its bad weather and was a bit cold...

downstairs has Ottoman seating areas as well as table and chairs - this is a more protected area but upstairs feels a nicer place to eat

there is also seating in the garden for fine weather

winds are already picking up here though so maybe a nicer day would be a better time to go!

Offline Linda

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 15:24:24 PM »
Thanks Nichola, we will see how the land lies tomorrow re the weather! It will be warmer down there than up here in Ovacik for sure and whilst the weather forecast predicted some rain today we've had none and it's still fairly warm! I will report back as to where we ended up and what we thought etc. tomorrow ...

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 22:06:55 PM »
I would choose any day except Sunday. It gets absolutely packed out as it is the only day that most Turkish people get their day off and it is very poular with them.

Offline Linda

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »
Well we found Kargi Muzesi and enjoyed a lovely breakfast. We arrived at about 11.30 and it was just nicely busy. The weather held off and it only started to rain as we were leaving at around 1.30pm.  The breakfast was very good and plentiful for the cost of 15 TL. We must have been asked about 10 times if we wanted any plates to be replenshed. The juice and nescafe as well as Cay was also a nice touch and we left with complimentary bags of oranges.
Personally I think the old Suats place on the beach still has the edge but I would certianly wouldnt hesitate to recommened the breakfast at Kargi either  8)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »
glad you enjoyed your breakfast Linda - hope directions were ok  8)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 13:47:20 PM »
Kirk Pinar has the edge on all of them but such a long way. I:D agree with Linda though that when Suat and Helen owned their place it was absolutely the best place to go for Kahvalti. It has gone down hill a lot since those days.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 13:49:32 PM by mercury »

Offline yabanci

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 15:34:57 PM »
We had a very good Turkish Breakfast at the Kardelen Restaurant in Fethiye yesterday.50 different dishes laid out Buffet style,all for just 10 lira. :)

Offline Firo

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 21:21:30 PM »
Kirk Pinar is the best place in the area for a genuine all homemade Kahvalti and we have tried them all. A long way to go but then that's what makes it even more fabulous as it is real Turkey and is always full of Turks. 8):D
Note to myself must go up there soon. ;)

Offline Eric

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 21:25:59 PM »
The Kargi Muze breakfast is okay, but just okay in my opinion.  I don't like lettuce for breakfast or cold green peppers in yoghurt, but that is just my taste:D I know they do bring more if you ask but I do not think it is worth 15Tl.
Kirk Pinar gets my vote every time.  In winter there is the snow to have fun in and there is always a roaring soba burning inside to keep you toasty warm.  In the summer there are tremendous views and it is a lot cooler than on the coast, which is lovely 8).  All the food is fresh from their own gardens/orchards/bee hives, butter etc is made on the premises and the fresh bread is yummee. During the year there are variations depending on what is in season, this means you get fresh cherries, apples, walnuts etc accompanying your meal.  Tea and coffee flows and if you want more eggs etc you only have to ask.  All this for only 10Tl:D.
As Scunner said, you can stay on longer and have lunch there too, their Lamb Tandir is wonderful.
Kirk Pinar for me.

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 07:53:52 AM »
Our choice is Kirk Pinar for the best delicious Turkish breakfast.
We tried the breakfast at Kargi Museum with friends recently and were disappointed. Have to agree with Eric, not worth the money.

Kirk Pinar is worth the drive, fab scenery on the way so don't forget to take your camera  :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:54:58 AM by The Crinklies »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf