Author Topic: sunbeds in may on the beach?  (Read 19479 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
sunbeds in may on the beach?
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 19:17:58 PM »
This is a crying shame for Calis for everyone, for the restaurant owners that rely on the income they obtain during the summer months, for the tourists who prefer spending their days at the beach as opposed to a hotel pool. fair enough it is not a fantastic beach but with a little thought and care it can be a whole lot better then it is at least for the summer season so everyone benefits.Can someone not have a word with the powers that be to make them see what a disaster this will be for people.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 23:04:46 PM »
There have been hundreds of words with the powers that be Karennina. They seem to have fallen on deaf ears. Its hardly a huge beach surely this could have been sorted years ago. People coming to "Calis Beach" must be hugely dissapointed.

Offline busybee

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 05:28:43 AM »
Is there still sunbeds at Guvens??

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:44 AM »
Ask Mick to nip down on the bike Bee and have a look but I think there are. lol

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 07:51:57 AM »
Yes there are loungers out at Guvens. They were out when we went for a drink last Wednesday evening.
:D

Offline farmer

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »
The person in whatever authority who passed the responsibility for maintaining Calis beach to the so-called Environmental group should be identified, frog-marched to the beach and shown just what a filthy mess it is. And then be made ( not asked ) to explain how they can equate the filth and danger of an unclean beach with "environmental" policy. Preferably with a local TV crew in attendance.

Unless they are the members of the Rat Appreciation Society I doubt they could come up with a believable answer.

At least last year the beach did get a fairly thorough clean up before the season started, the umbrellas looked fresh and new, and there was occasional cleaning up during the season. Oh, and far more rubbish bins were placed ( and emptied fairly regularly ) around the entrance to the beach. And the steps down to the beach repaired. And the " wall " repaired and repainted.  All in all, it made the beach look cared for.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 10:27:46 AM »
I've sent an email to the Land of Lights paper expressing my concern.
I sent it this email, so hope they get it

lol@lol.com.tr

:D

Offline leapingjack

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
I gather the government are looking forward to a further increase in the tourist trade again this season. However it seems the local councils see things differently and could'nt care less, they need to get their act together!!
We are bring out friends on Wed. hopefully they will return to the UK with fond memories of Calis?
Well done to the children for doing their bit, they make a good example.

As already said it dosen't look good for first time visitors

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 12:04:59 PM »
With a couple of exceptions it is the same every year - everyone thinks it is someone else's responsibility and actually because of that, couldn't care less how the beach looks. But the fact remains that in the absence of overall responsibility, the various bars and restaurants along the prom could send someone out to keep the bit in front of their establishment neat and litter free - the staff are getting paid anyway so doesn't cost them a bean, and they seem to find time for the almost senseless hosing down the outside tables area 15 times a day so it could be done.

Ok it's not their responsibility and they aren't paid to do it, but surely people would choose to be sunbathing on the beach outside the restaurant with the clean part of beach than the one next door and with that comes the beer and soft drinks orders?

Too simple perhaps.

Offline leapingjack

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
Lets  face it Scunner if everybody on the beach was to clear up their own rubbish including the cig. ends
more than half the litter problem would be solved.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf