Author Topic: Are your wills ready?  (Read 16832 times)

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Re: Are your wills ready?
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 16:21:30 PM »
hi eric,
 exactly which part of the post would you like me to comment on, could you please be clearer?

as in my previous post it says you are all adults and you should seek professional advice from different resources, you can not expect the same rules to be in turkey, so you need to learn the new/different rules of every country.
for this reason i can recommend an independent(not tied to any developer or agent in the area) solicitor in uk.
here is the link and free to ask any question you have in mind.

http://www.propertyandturkey.com/ask-turkish-solicitor.php

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 16:21:40 PM »

You have obviously not read all the other post.
No one is saying don't seek legal advice, just ensure all the fact are there at the beginning and what will happen should the property owners request executing a Will in Turkey.

The costs,
The Will approx £300 each in Turkey.
when a named UK citizen) person dies
cost of a lawyer, cost to the judge to open  the Will, the cost of UK lawyer to swear Allegiance and draw up Afidavits, cost of Apostile certificates, cost of returning to court, then the cost of Uk lawyer to ratify to Turkish courts the information for the Will.  Notary Fees, Sworn Translator fee. inheritance fees to the Tax office, these are 2 tier depending if a Will or no Will, if a Will is involved then the cost can be 10% of the price of the property. Then the Tapu manager will agree to transfer the Tapu to the named beneficiaries.

The list is endless.   I am still awaiting the blog/script/article written by a lawyer confirming the cost involved, I doubt they would dare write the truth, it would scare off clients:
Also, £5,000 I quoted could have been much more if the Tax office were not on the ball that day.

I have just looked at your site regarding the lawyer, tonight I will write to him, and ask him for a point to point direct procedure and costings. 

We have a pub in Southampton, it is called the Honest Lawyer, the owner purchased the pub and changed the name, he wanted the world to have at least one honest lawyer!

Offline ytokgoz

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 16:25:29 PM »
so what is your point than?
turkish will is for turkey, so dont bother adding things in uk, for uk stuff make uk will,
it would cut down most of the cost

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 16:30:21 PM »
The Lawyers should add to their articles that it could take years, and so much heart ache,  Why write a Will if £300 per person when the Country, in this case Turkey will only provide immovable goods to THEIR law.
And before you even point the finger at me for being dishonest, look to your own countrymen,  When a family member dies who is the named person that runs to the bank to empty it before the money can be controlled by courts/lawyer and other members of the family that the deceased did not want their cash to go to. 

Offline ytokgoz

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 16:39:19 PM »
i am so sorry from all  people  reading this but i have to say it loz , you are full of b.....hit .
You are just a racist £$@***.Why?

"And before you even point the finger at me for being dishonest, look to your own countrymen,"

No i will not look at my country man nor any other country man, because i don't care what religion, race, color, or sex they are if somebody is wrong , it means they are wrong. Who ever done something bad should be punished even in turkey or England or any other part of the world. I can tell you have got bad experience in Turkey but i will not let you stereotype all Turks the same or making racist comments here.
Well i will point you the finger and you have to admit that the so called the advice you have given about use power of attorney instead of will is wrong and you should admit it , for all those reading this please ask your solicitor if the power of attorney is legal and valid after you die?

Just stop it loz, i know you are upset and possibly ripped of but it is not me cause the quietness or ripped you off

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 16:40:09 PM »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 16:50:24 PM »
sincere apologies to Loz and Ytokgoz but omg Scunner that has just cracked me up  :) i cant comment on the thread as in the words of Manwell I know nothing  :)

Offline ytokgoz

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 16:53:28 PM »
i m the blue one

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 16:56:09 PM »
omg Scunner that has just cracked me up   :)

I will make it my image for CBF fights from now on :D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 17:00:21 PM »
Trust me Loz know EXACTLY what she is talking about and just for the record she hasnt been ripped off...She is definatley NOT a racist..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf