Author Topic: Fethiye To Rhodes Ferry  (Read 10443 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Fethiye To Rhodes Ferry
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 08:56:06 AM »
Looks lovely Lottie.   H, there are many Hotels in Rhodes for all budgets, just need to go online and have a look.

Offline philrose

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2016, 09:09:19 AM »
Been a few times now. We always prefer to stay a few days as the day return only gives you a couple of hours in Rhodes.
Always stay at Sofia's Pension
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635613-d1809547-Reviews-Sofia_Pension-Rhodes_Town_Rhodes_Dodecanese_South_Aegean.html
Run by a lovely lady with great rooms....

Offline davybill

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 09:25:46 AM »
I hadn't thought of going to Rhodes for the day, but sounds like a good day out and something different to do this coming holiday, does the hydrofoil run all year and how long is the crossing?
I wouldn't travel on the hydrofoil in the in the later months of the year as we had a terrible journey, friends of ours also had a real rough ride,
it should have a 90 minute trip, and turned into a 5 hr trip, and it realy put them off boat trips and they were seasoned travellers.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 10:34:09 AM »
We have travelled in June and September, with no problems.  I would imagine the sea gets rough in later part of the year.  I have read this in the past.
I like the Hydrofoil, but would advise don't sit up at the front as it is roasting hot with the sun shining through the windows.  Sit in the body of the vessel where it is cooler.

Offline Sandra48

• Newly Registered
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 12:41:59 PM »
I was thinking of going at the end of September, do you think it would be a rough crossing then?

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 13:30:32 PM »
We stayed here on the spur of the moment once when we decided to stay over in Rhodes, it was small, but lovely, with a great breakfast. Much later we we were amazed to see on TV that Michael Palin,stayed there on his round the world travels.

I don't know whether you've watched "An Idiot Abroad" with Karl Pilkington but he stayed at the Windsor Hotel in Cairo, also used by Michael Palin during his round the world travels.

Pilkington wrote "If these are the sorts of places Palin stayed in, no wonder he went round the world in 80 days".

Brilliant, laugh out loud series by Pilkington but not perhaps to everyone's taste.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 13:32:31 PM »
Aaagh!

Got confused with including the "quote" bit - my post got included in it.

Sorry.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 14:41:57 PM »
I was thinking of going at the end of September, do you think it would be a rough crossing then?

Cannot guarantee it, but September is usually a nice month without bad weather and as said we have been in September with no problems.   

Offline Sandra48

• Newly Registered
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 17:37:12 PM »
Thanks for that Jacqui we might just give it a try.

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 18:19:01 PM »
Sea can be rough any time of the year if there's a lot of wind around (none at present), check on Weather forecast before you book. Or take travel sickness pills before you go (or a bucket).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf