Author Topic: Fethiye To Rhodes Ferry  (Read 10438 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Fethiye To Rhodes Ferry
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 20:41:20 PM »
Thanks for that Jacqui we might just give it a try.

We have always enjoyed it and always had good weather when we have travelled. Go and let us know how you get on.  Don't listen to the doom and gloom merchants who have probably never been.

Offline Mr Toky

• Newly Registered
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2016, 21:35:46 PM »
We went last year from Fethiye on hydrofoil and had no issues with the trip over and back. Joined the open top bus trip just outside the harbour at Rhodes . It was OK  other than avoiding some of the low tree branches on route. Got off prior to old town to visit some of the shops Mrs Toky had been recommended joy  ;D .Then strolled in to the old town and ended up in Rustico's for a meal (excellent). Strolled back through old town which is fabulous and stopped before bottom gate at a bar for cocktails . Then back to ferry for return journey. Would certainly go back but with a stay over and try a trip to Lindos or Pefkos .

Offline marina

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2016, 23:08:17 PM »
Mr Toky, we've had a couple of holidays in Pefkos and really enjoyed them. It's pretty quiet during the day but comes alive at night. Lindos is lovely to visit too. You should try the glass bottom boat trip from Pefkos round to Lindos  :D

Offline davybill

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2016, 07:26:21 AM »
Thanks for that Jacqui we might just give it a try.

We have always enjoyed it and always had good weather when we have travelled. Go and let us know how you get on.  Don't listen to the doom and gloom merchants who have probably never been.
The doom and gloom merchants have probably been a lot more times than you, hence check the weather forecast before you go.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2016, 09:28:25 AM »
We always check the weather forecast, but there has never been a problem.  It is fine advise people to do that, but over the top to start telling them to take a bucket with them.  That is doom and gloom. 
I see you had bad weather travelling over in the later months, of course that is the risk you take when travelling later in the year.
How many times have your travelled? and what percentage of your trips were bad?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
I don't understand the relevance of checking the weather forecast if you have already pre-booked and pre-paid a one or two night stay :(

Offline davybill

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2016, 09:57:20 AM »
Well if you have pre booked I suppose you wont,
but if your going for a day trip later in the season you can,

Offline marina

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »
I'd assumed Lorraine's comment about taking a bucket was 'tongue in cheek' Jacqui and not meant to be taken seriously! 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2016, 10:33:44 AM »
We have done a lot of day trips and always check the weather and never book until a couple of days before we leave. We have also stayed over and pre-booked the ferry and the hotel.  If you pre book and you are going in the Summer months then it is unlikely the weather will be bad.  Of course, if you go later in the season and stay over, which we would not do, you could get bad weather.
Davy is talking about day trips late in the season, not going and staying over.
Marina, I would assume that talking about rough weather and taking a bucket many be a joke, but it also may put of anyone who as never been.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2016, 10:59:53 AM »
My point was what are you going to do if you have pre-booked and pre-paid a hotel for a two night stay and check the weather only to find that it's not good for a crossing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf